The Business Leaders Scholarship is a graduate-level scholarship grant for business Master’s degree students.
Number of awards: 1
Size of award: €5.000
Delivery of award: Paid directly to the winning candidate’s school as part of tuition fee.
After the application deadline, applications will be filtered based on eligibility criteria.
This batch of eligible applications shall be provided to a panel of 3-5 people that teach at some of the top business schools. Each member of the panel will grade each application on demonstrated leadership and leadership potential, based on the test score and essay submitted. The scores thus awarded shall be averaged to arrive at the final ranking.
The top ranked applicant will be offered the scholarship.
In the event, the top candidate declines, it will be offered to the second on the list from top, and so on. If the top five candidates decline the scholarship, no award shall be declared for the year, and the amount shall carry over and be added to the next year’s award.
The scholarship is open to candidates who:
- are legal adults at the time of application, and
- are citizens of the European Union or the United Kingdom at the time of application, and
- have received and accepted offer for admission at the time of application to a Master’s-level program of study at one of the top 25 US, top 3 Candian or top 12 European business schools as ranked for their full-time MBA programs by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, and
- have not graduated from the aforementioned Master’s-level program of study at the time of application.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must have secured admission to a Master’s-level programme (e.g. MBA, EMBA, MiM, MSMS, MFin, etc) at one of the following schools (schools with the best full-time MBA programs in the United States/Canada and Europe respectively, according to Bloomberg BusinessWeek 2019-20 ranking):
- Berkeley Haas
- Chicago Booth
- CMU Tepper
- Columbia Business School
- Cornell Johnson
- Dartmouth Tuck
- Duke Fuqua
- Emory Goizueta
- Georgetown McDonough
- GeorgiaTech Scheller
- Harvard Business School
- Indiana Kelley
- Michigan Ross
- MIT Sloan
- Northwestern Kellogg
- NYU Stern
- Queen’s Smith
- Stanford GSB
- Toronto Rotman
- UCLA Anderson
- UNC Kenan-Flagler
- USC Marshall
- UT Austin McCombs
- UVA Darden
- Washington Foster
- Western Ivey
- Yale SOM
- Cambridge Judge
- IE Business School
- IESE Business School
- HEC Paris
- London Business School
- Mannheim Business School
- Oxford Saïd
- SDA Bocconi
- St. Gallen
- Applications open: 02 Apr 2020
- Application deadline: 15 Jul 2021
- Announcement of results: 15 Aug 2021
In addition to your contact details, you will be asked to submit:
- Your official GMAT score card (Test Taker copy)
- Your CV/Résumé
- Your letter of acceptance from the school you plan to attend (towards whose tuition fee the scholarship grant shall be submitted on your behalf)
- Essay (1,000 words maximum) on the topic “How have your demonstrated leadership, either in professional or personal life? How will your business school experience enhance your leadership capabilities? How do you plan to deploy your leadership post business school?”
Applications to the Business Leaders Scholarship are accepted online only, and through this website only.
Once you are satisfied that you are eligible, please click on the “Apply” link in the navigation menu or click here.